PROBLEMS WITH YOUR PERIOD?
Some people experience cramps during their periods which makes them feel uncomfortable and unable to be productive at times. There are several ways to deal with menstral cramps, some of which includes;
1. Putting a heating pad on the belly, it can be improvised with dipping a clean cloth in hot water and placing it on the belly this helps to relax the muscles of the uterine and the muscles around it which can help ease cramps and relieve discomfort.
2. Diet is an important factor in dealing with cramps. Making the right choices in relation to diet can help to reduce cramps. Cut down on fatty, sugary or salty foods during periods , these foods increases inflammation which encourages pain. Eat more of leafy vegetables, fruits, cherries, tomatoes, Omega-3-fatty acids etc.
3. Ginger- it has anti-inflammatory properties thus good for relieving menstral cramps.
4. Exercising – This helps relieve menstrual cramps. Exercise releases endorphins, brain chemicals that promote well-being. You can take a brisk walk, running, swimming , jogging etc.
5. Massaging – Massaging your abdomen for as little as 5 minutes a day may be able to help relieve menstrual cramps. Massage encourages blood flow thus easing cramps.
5. Take a warm bath and drink plenty of water.
6. Get pain relieving medications at the pharmacy.